Tony DeAngelo has been a healthy scratch for the past two games with the reason for sitting against the Devils noted as a “maturity issue.” (NY Post)
David Quinn said that he and DeAngelo discussed the situation and noted that DeAngelo is too good to let maturity issues get in the way of him becoming the kind of player that he can be. (NY Post)
While speaking before last night’s game against Tampa, Quinn said of DeAngelo “I think he is a real good player and you will see him very shortly.” (NYR)
Quinn added (NYR):
- “If we can get Tony DeAngelo to play to his ability and be the player he is capable of being, sooner or later, we are going to have a much better hockey team.”
- “I think Tony, as we stand here today, is in the best place he has been mentally, after the conversations we have had over the last 48 hours, I’m hoping that is the case. He’s a 23-year kid that is growing.”
By month, this season, DeAngelo has:
- October: 1 goal, 3 assists, plus four, 17:45 per game in 4 games
- November: 1 goal, 3 assists, minus one, 19:29 per game in 13 games
- December: 0 goals, 1 assist, minus six, 18:37 per game in 8 games
- January: 2 goals,, 1 assist, plus 7, 17:49 per game in 7 games
DeAngelo has played in 32 games for the Rangers this season, the same as he did last year.
He has played 589 total minutes (32 games) this season compared to 530 last season (32 games).