- 06:51 Tampa Bay Yanni Gourde (13) ASST: Ryan McDonagh (23), Mathieu Joseph (6) 1-0
- 04:41 Tampa Bay Erik Cernak (1) ASST: Ryan Callahan (8), Cedric Paquette (3) 2-0
- 08:33 Tampa Bay Steven Stamkos (28) ASST: Victor Hedman (28), Nikita Kucherov (58) 3-0
- 16:17 New York Mats Zuccarello (9) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (29), Chris Kreider (16) 3-1
- 06:49 New York PPG – Kevin Hayes (11) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (30), Henrik Lundqvist (3) 3-2
- The Rangers were the better team in the first and third period but Tampa made their push in the second, scored twice, and did enough to win.
- Kevin Shattenkirk has probably been playing his best as a Ranger, or at least his best since the first month of last season, and looks much more like the player he is supposed to be. That player isn’t always perfect but he is far better than the player he has been and much more impactful offensively.
- You want to see Pavel Buchnevich respond the right way and getting 21 minutes tonight indicates that he has. He was out late in the third, likely over Vlad Namestnikov or Jimmy Vesey, and that is where he should be. He’s as skilled a forward offensively as the Rangers have and hopefully this is him finding consistency with his effort and doing the things David Quinn wants him to.
- It was another strong game for Kevin Hayes as well as the Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Kreider line. Kreider had the chance late in the third to tie it but was robbed in a similar way to how he was stopped Tuesday against the Flyers. That pass from Zibanejad to Hayes for the second goal was spectacular.