- Pavel Buchnevich (9) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (22), Chris Kreider (16)
- Chris Kreider (18) ASST: Adam Fox (22), Mika Zibanejad (23)
- Artemi Panarin (27) ASST: Jesper Fast (14), Tony DeAngelo (26)
- PPG – Mika Zibanejad (19) ASST: Tony DeAngelo (27), Artemi Panarin (43)
- Robby Fabbri (12) ASST: Dylan Larkin (24)
- Valtteri Filppula (4) ASST: Trevor Daley (5), Robby Fabbri (14)
- 3: Chris Kreider
- 2: Artemi Panarin
- 1: Mika Zibanejad
- So this was a nice return from the All-Star break for the Rangers. The Red Wings are the worst team in the league for a reason and the Rangers took it to them for almost the entire game. For a team that wants to consider themselves still in the playoff race, these are the points you need to pick up and they did tonight.
- It was a night where the Rangers had their best players lead them and a big night for the Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Kreider line.
- Artemi Panarin was back and certainly at 100% with how he played, scored and controlled the game every time he had the puck.
- It’s still only a few games, but Igor Shesterkin certainly looks comfortable and ready to stay in the NHL for good. He’s quick, doesn’t seem to get out of position and handles the puck well. He showed off that puck handling with his attempts to score when Detroit had the net empty. My guess is that at some point down the line he becomes the first Ranger goalie to put one in the net.
- Next up is heading to Detroit and Henrik Lundqvist’s first start in what seems like forever. Hopefully he plays well, they can sweep the home and home and avoid the awkwardness of only two of their three goalies playing well and picking up wins.