- Adam Fox (8) ASST: Artemi Panarin (62)
- Mika Zibanejad (40) ASST: Brendan Lemieux (12), Pavel Buchnevich (30)
- Kaapo Kakko (9) ASST: Brett Howden (10), Jesper Fast (17)
- Kaapo Kakko (10) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (34), Adam Fox (32)
- PPG – Roope Hintz (19) ASST: Miro Heiskanen (26), Corey Perry (16)
- Andrew Cogliano (3) ASST: Miro Heiskanen (27), Joe Pavelski (17)
- Well this was a very solid 40 minutes and solid overall game for the Rangers as they bounce back from that stinker against the Devils. They got contributions up and down the lineup and solid goaltending from Igor Shesterkin.
- The Rangers emphasized defense and effort heading into this game and got both in a big way. Tonight is how the Rangers need to play and it was nice to see them score early but keep pushing as opposed to some other games this season where they have jumped out early and taken their foot off the gas.
- This is hopefully the springboard for Kaapo Kakko that I’ve been looking, hoping for. The first one was basically into an empty net but he still had to get off a pretty good shot. The second goal though was a showcase for Kakko and the kind of hands he has around the net. He can certainly build off this and give the Rangers another offensive option down the stretch.
- Nights where you get goals from Fox, Zibanejad and Kakko are nice in the present but a clear sign of what is to come for the Rangers in the future.
- So the Rangers remain three points out of a playoff spot and head to Colorado to play the Avs tomorrow. Things are getting tighter though with the Panthers also at 78 points, and one back of the Rangers in the tiebreaker, the Islanders still a point ahead with games in hand, and in progress right now.