- Mika Zibanejad (41) ASST: Phillip Di Giuseppe (3), Adam Fox (33)
- PPG – Tyson Jost (8) ASST: Gabriel Landeskog (22), Cale Makar (36)
- PPG – Vladislav Namestnikov (17) ASST: Cale Makar (37), Gabriel Landeskog (23)
- Pavel Buchnevich (16) ASST: Artemi Panarin (63), Adam Fox (34)
- J.T. Compher (11) ASST: Cale Makar (38)
- I don’t like the “loser point,” with both teams getting at least one if a game goes past regulation, but it worked for the Rangers tonight. They played well enough and had enough chances to win and managed to turn a game where they were 13 seconds away from zero points, into a night with one.
- One reason I don’t like the “loser point” is because the Rangers have 31 wins in regulation yet sit behind three teams in their division that have 27 (Carolina), 25 (Columbus) and 24 (Isles) regulation wins. The league wants parity and as many teams in the playoff race as possible, which is why both teams get at least one point if the game goes past 60 minutes. The Rangers should be in a better spot in the standings and will only benefit from their regulation wins if there is a tiebreaker.
- It seems likely that the NHL is going to pause the regular season as they sort out the best way to handle Covid-19. Any break in the schedule, and this is trivial compared to what is going on, would likely see play resume with Chris Kreider back with MIka Zibanejad and Pavel Buchnevich.