- Andrei Svechnikov (1) Sebastian Aho (2), Sami Vatanen (2)
- Artemi Panarin (1) Ryan Strome (1), Tony DeAngelo (1)
- Andrei Svechnikov (2) Sami Vatanen (3), Sebastian Aho (3)
- Jordan Martinook (1) Morgan Geekie (1), Brock McGinn (1)
- Andrei Svechnikov (3) Sebastian Aho (4)
- After a first period that showed the Rangers had learned from Game 1 and were capable of matching Carolina, the Rangers took an early penalty in the second, fell behind 2-1, then 3-1 a minute later and the game was effectively over.
- Carolina has a style that just smothers you, especially if you get down, and the Rangers are struggling with it. The Rangers aren’t getting anything off the rush, aren’t getting any second opportunities when they do put a shot on net and aren’t getting enough from their top guys. Carolina’s top-line has been driving them through the first two games and the Rangers haven’t been getting the same from either of their top lines on a consistent basis.
- The Rangers need more and better efforts from their top guys. With struggles on the forecheck and not much off the rush, Chris Kreider has been neutralized.
- Henrik Lundqvist was fine in net but probably should have stopped at least one of Andrei Svechnikov’s goals. It will be a shock if he starts tomorrow night. Igor Shesterkin practiced yesterday but if he is still deemed “unfit to play” then I think we will see Alex Georgiev make his playoff debut. More than anything the Rangers need a jolt and a change in net should help do that. Brendan Lemieux can help provide some of that jolt, but the Rangers will get a bigger jolt with a change in net.