7:53PM: Sam Rosen said on MSG that Igor Shesterkin skated today and is close to returning.
6:32PM: David Quinn said before the game (NYR):
- How is Mika and who is the goalie, “Mika is fine, he’ll be ready to go and Georgie will be back in net.”
- Are there any lineup changes, “Trouba is in tonight and Di Giuseppe is in.”
- Can you share anything on Panarin, “Out of respect to him, I think the right thing to do is keep the conversations between Artemi and I.”
- On Trouba returning early, “I’m no doctor, I just do what they tell me when guys are healthy. He’s in a good spot physically, feels very good, everyone on the medical side is confident he can play. Jack Johnson is coming out, Jack has been a warrior throughout all this, obviously he had the lower body thing he was dealing with it and it came at a good time to go back to back for Jack.”
- Who is out if Di Giuseppe is in, “Blackwell is out. Bitetto is not on the trip right now.”
6:17PM: Jacob Trouba will return to the Rangers lineup tonight and Jack Johnson will be scratched against the Penguins. (NYR)
Alex Georgiev will start in net.
Phil Di Giuseppe will come into the lineup in place of Colin Blackwell. Di Giuseppe was scratched yesterday when Kaapo Kakko returned.