- Brock Nelson (1) Assists: Richard Panik (1), Josh Bailey (1)
- Casey Cizikas (1) (Power Play) Assists: Cal Clutterbuck (1), Alex Jefferies (1)
- Cal Clutterbuck (1) Assists: Alex Jefferies (2), Ross Johnston (1)
- Ross Johnston (1) Assists: Casey Cizikas (1), Cal Clutterbuck (2)
- I guess the best part of this game is that they can cross it off the schedule and bring us one game and one day closer to the regular season.
- As for the game, the Islanders NHL players played better than the Rangers NHL players. They took too many penalties and, like a lot of their games against the Islanders, never really found a consistent rhythm.
- Vitali Kravtsov was noticeable, Alexis Lafreniere made a couple of nice passes and everyone else was just okay. Nils Lundkvist looked pretty comfortable out there and sure seems like a lock to make the team on opening night.
- It would have been nice to see Barclay Goodrow for more than 4:29. Dryden Hunt had some moments and was noticeable. He’s likely a 13th forward/fourth liner.
- It’s one game, a preseason one at that, but I think the Rangers will be in trouble if Jarred Tinordi has to play a regular role. He’s big and he’s tough, but I still think it would have made more sense to bring Brendan Smith back to fill that role.
- We should see Artemi Panarin, Jacob Trouba, Kaapo Kakko, K’Andre Miller, Ryan Reaves, Ryan Strome, Braden Schneider, Zac Jones and Igor Shesterkin on Tuesday against Boston.