- P.K. Subban (1) Assists: Chase De Leo (1), Michael McLeod (1)
- Janne Kuokkanen (1) (Power Play) Assists: P.K. Subban (1), Alexander Holtz (2)
- Tyce Thompson (1) Assists: Dougie Hamilton (1)
- Mika Zibanejad (1) (Power Play) Assists: Barclay Goodrow (1), Nils Lundkvist (1)
- Tomas Tatar (1) Assists: Colton White (1), Pavel Zacha (1)
- Pavel Zacha (1) (Power Play) Assists: Dougie Hamilton (2), Tomas Tatar (1)
- Jimmy Vesey (1) Unassisted
- The Devils got some bounces, but they were much better than the Rangers tonight. It was certainly not the opening night lineup, but the Rangers had more than enough guys to play a better game. They took too many penalties, didn’t do a great job helping Igor Shesterkin and Shesterkin didn’t do a great job bailing those guys out. By the middle of the third period the Rangers could barely complete a pass or stay upright.
- The biggest thing out of this game is the injury to Vitali Kravtsov, which, if serious, shakes up the top-nine a bit. It would seem more likely that Kravtsov will be bumped out of the top-six anyway, with Chris Kreider likely moving to the right side of Alexis Lafreniere and Mika Zibanejad, but maybe Julien Gauthier gets a longer look on the third line with Filip Chytil and Barclay Goodrow.
- It was nice to see Goodrow play a full game, but most of the veterans had rough nights, especially Jacob Trouba and K’Andre Miller.
- It was very interesting to see Jimmy Vesey out there for the Devils at around the same time that the All or Nothing show about last year’s Maple Leafs team was released. The second episode features Vesey at different times and it’s interesting to see and hear about his disappointing time in Toronto. Vesey is a good who has never come close to matching the hype around him when he was coming out of Harvard. Vesey and Pavel Buchnevich were in similar spots when the rebuild started and Buchnevich developed into an important player and signed a big contract with the Blues after the Rangers traded him. Vesey is on his fourth team and is only with the Devils on a PTO.
- Next up is tomorrow in Boston and it will be interesting to see who plays and how they respond after this.