- David Pastrnak (39) Assists: Charlie McAvoy (45), Brad Marchand (43)
- Taylor Hall (18) Assists: David Pastrnak (34), Erik Haula (26)
- Mika Zibanejad (29) (Power Play) Assists: Alexis Lafreniere (12), Chris Kreider (24)
- Trent Frederic (7) Assists: Charlie Coyle (27), Craig Smith (18)
- This was the type of game, style, and result that the Rangers are likely going to face when the playoff start. They have needed to play more games like this so that they can be ready and adjust for when the situation of trailing against an experienced and structured team comes up in the playoffs.
- The Rangers weren’t bad today, I thought it was a pretty even game with Boston gaining a slight edge overall. Linus Ullmark made a bunch of nice saves and the Rangers generated chances, but they only broke through on the PP. This is a game where if they played in 10 times, it would probably end up 5-5.
- One issue that the Rangers faced today that they hopefully won’t face when the playoffs start was their health. Seeing Julien Gauthier and Greg McKegg back in the lineup and Dryden Hunt with Panarin and Strome at times brought back what the lineup was for the Rangers before the trade deadline. Hopefully the Rangers can get Kaapo Kakko, Andrew Copp and Filip Chytil this week or, at the very least, when the playoffs start in just over a week.
- Igor Shesterkin had the second and third goals go off him and in, but he was terrific after Boston took a 2-0 lead.
- We are down to the final three games of the regular season and the lingering questions are the health of the three forward, or anyone else who might be banged up, where they will finish, and who they will play.
- Tuesday will be a grudge match and a rematch of the game at MSG against Carolina two weeks ago. The Rangers fell two points behind Carolina after the Hurricanes scored twice late in the third period and won in overtime against the Devils. If they beat the Hurricanes on Tuesday they can tie it up again, otherwise, because of tiebreakers, Carolina might wrap up the Division. It gets a little complicated from there because of tiebreakers, regulation wins, Tuesday’s game going past regulation. So a loss on Tuesday would still give the Rangers some faint scenarios where they could win the division.