- Logan Couture (2) (Power Play) Assists: Luke Kunin (2), Erik Karlsson (3)
- Filip Chytil (2) Assists: Chris Kreider (2)
- Artemi Panarin (3) Assists: Adam Fox (5), Vincent Trocheck (4)
- Radim Simek (1) Assists: Matt Nieto (1), Oskar Lindblom (2)
- Erik Karlsson (2) Assists: Timo Meier (2)
- The Rangers picked up a point tonight that they didn’t deserve, but a point nonetheless.
- The Rangers went from being sloppy throughout the first two periods to just struggling/bad in the third. They had two shots on goal, let San Jose dictate things, turned pucks over and gave the Sharks their first win of the win.
- All of that said, I was pretty convinced that the Rangers second shot of the third period was going to be a goal and that this would have been a found a way to win game, but instead they lose to a fragile, in David Quinn’s own words, struggling team.
- They had moments in the first two periods, they nearly scored just seconds into the game, and tons of PP opportunities, but couldn’t convert. They played like no matter what else they did, that the goals were just going to come. They were sloppy with the puck, trying to force plays and didn’t get the quality chances they have been getting so far this season.
- Igor Shesterkin was very good, especially in the third period, and Filip Chytil was probably the Rangers best forward. He doesn’t get as much notice as Kaapo Kakko and Alexis Lafreniere, but Chytil has also carried over his strong play from the playoffs and is looking like someone who is taking another step or two.
- I’d imagine that Vitali Kravtsov will go in on Sunday against Columbus with either Jimmy Vesey or Ryan Reaves coming out and Barclay Goodrow or Sammy Blais going to the fourth line.
- Overall this was a game that most everyone believed, the players included, that the Rangers would win based upon their play so far this season and the struggles of San Jose to win this season. The Sharks were better, more desperate and picked up the win. By no means is tonight something to worry about from the Rangers. They weren’t going to win every game and they aren’t going to play well every night. If they come out on Sunday and blitz the Blue Jackets then you can look past tonight. If this becomes a recurring issue then it might be another story.