- Kyle Palmieri (1) Assists: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (3), Ryan Pulock (2)
- Josh Bailey (1) Assists: Adam Pelech (3), Mathew Barzal (7)
- Kyle Palmieri (2) Assists: Adam Pelech (4), Jean-Gabriel Pageau (4)
- The Rangers had the puck for a lot of the night, fired off a bunch of a shots, a few quality ones, but it wasn’t good enough. They are s
- Ilya Sorokin was very, very good for the Islanders but the Rangers didn’t make it hard enough for him. He saw a lot of the shots, they didn’t have many rebounds and when they did get some of their few high quality chances, he was there.
- You can easily look past tonight, and even last night, and say that the Rangers were just beaten by good goaltending and there is truth to that, but it’s now 0-2-2 in the last four, and teams seem much more prepared to play against and limit the Rangers. Last year the Rangers won games where they had far fewer shots than tonight and were giving up a ton of chances against, but their goaltending and PP carried them. Igor Shesterkin and Jaro Halak, other than maybe one or two goals, have been fine, but the PP has been sputtering.
- They need a lot more from Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider. Kaapo Kakko has been fine, but the Rangers need more from two of the players that are supposed to carry them. I’m confident that it will come, it is only eight games, but expectations are higher this season and they need to play up to them. Adam Fox has been, Artemi Panarin has been, Vincent Trocheck has been fine, Alexis Lafreniere and Kaapo Kakko are playing the best hockey of their careers and now they need the guy who scored 50 goals last year and the guy who after a couple of games leoked like he was going to get 50, to get back on track.
- Again, it’s eight games and they are 3-3-2, not 0-5-2 like Vancouver, so there is no reason to panic…yet. They are more than capable of turning this four game winless streak into a four game, plus more, winning streak, but it has to start with one, it has to start with their PP and best players stepping up.
- Next up they head to Dallas to play a strong Dallas team and then Arizona .