- James van Riemsdyk (5) Assists: Owen Tippett (6)
- Artemi Panarin (7) Assists: Barclay Goodrow (8), Mika Zibanejad (19)
- K’Andre Miller (2) Unassisted
- Barclay Goodrow (7) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (20), Artemi Panarin (30)
- Scott Laughton (6) (Shorthanded) Unassisted
- Jimmy Vesey (6) Assists: Vincent Trocheck (13)
- Morgan Frost (5) Assists: Travis Sanheim (10), Cam York (1)
- Jacob Trouba (1) (Empty Net) Assists: K’Andre Miller (13)
- Ryan Lindgren (1) (Empty Net) Unassisted
- Six in a row and this was a little bit closer than it had to or should have been, but in the end they were able to defend the lead, pad it with empty netters and find a way to win.
- With all of the talented wingers that the Rangers have it is sometimes hard to see Barclay Goodrow next to Artemi Panarin and Mika Zibanejad, but it’s working. Would it be better for development and the future if Vitali Kravtsov was in that spot? Yes, but Goodrow is fitting in that spot now, he is creating and producing offense and it’s working. It may not work forever, but the Rangers are winning and that line is producing, so they will stay together for the time being.
- Jimmy Vesey gets another goal and looks like he is playing with a level of confidence he probably has had as a Ranger since his first couple of years. I think that he could be the guy that eventually supplants Barclay Goodrow on the top line if/when that line is broken up. He’s responsible defensively, creative and could mesh with those two.
- Jaro Halak probably wants the third Philly goal back, but he made a bunch of nice saves when the game got scrambly at times. I wondered if he would go tomorrow and try to get some revenge against Chicago after a few games ago, but he went tonight and he was good enough to win.
- That goal by K’Andre Miller was something special.
- I have very little doubt that if this game was playing out the same way three weeks ago that the Flyers would have tied it, sent it to OT and probably stuck the Rangers with just one point. But things have changed, the Rangers are playing with confidence, they look like they trust each other more and have a belief that they can defend leads and pull these games out.
- They get a rematch with Chicago tomorrow and you have to think that they are going to want to do to Chicago what Chicago did to the them a couple of weeks ago. It will also hopefully be a much better showing to Patrick Kane of what exactly the Rangers are and can be.