- Artemi Panarin (32) ASST: Ryan Lindgren (10), Tony DeAngelo (33)
- Greg McKegg (4) ASST: Brendan Lemieux (10), Adam Fox (26)
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau (25) ASST: Ryan Pulock (25), Josh Bailey (27)
- Brett Howden (8) ASST: Brendan Smith (4), Ryan Lindgren (11)
- PPG – Jordan Eberle (14) ASST: Mathew Barzal (35)
- Brock Nelson (23) ASST: Devon Toews (19), Mathew Barzal (36)
- Mika Zibanejad (29) ASST: Artemi Panarin (53)
- Well the Rangers gave the Islanders a point they didn’t need to, but Panarin and Zibanejad combine to give the Rangers the win they should have had in regulation.
- By no means were the Rangers great, or even good for long stretches of this game. They were sloppy with the puck, let the Isles control it for long stretches, albeit mostly on the perimeter, and their shoddy puck management caused a lot of self-inflicted headaches. A lot of that shoddy puck management came while defending a lead in the third, with strange decisions to throw the puck backwards into their zone.
- Still, they found a way to win and most of it had to do with Alex Georgiev. He was terrific and had the game ended 3-1 or 3-2 he would have been the story. Now the story is the Rangers two best players combining to pick up a second point.
- Carolina lost and Columbus, as of now, is losing 4-1 after two, so even with this being a three-point game and the Isles picking up a point, it’s a big night for the Rangers as they keep pushing towards the playoffs.