- Max Domi (16) ASST: Jeff Petry (29), Tomas Tatar (36)
- Tomas Tatar (22) ASST: Brendan Gallagher (19), Phillip Danault (31)
- Phillip Di Giuseppe (1) ASST: Adam Fox (27), Ryan Lindgren (12)
- Mika Zibanejad (30) ASST: Artemi Panarin (54), Julien Gauthier (2)
- Adam Fox (7) ASST: Ryan Lindgren (13), Ryan Strome (40)
- PPG – Ryan Strome (17) ASST: Tony DeAngelo (34), Artemi Panarin (55)
- EN – Ryan Strome (18) ASST: Marc Staal (8)
- This team has something going. They are getting the saves when they need them, they are getting the plays and the goals when they need them and they are in it for the playoffs. They have gotten far, far closer to the playoffs than I thought they would, they have two games in hand on Columbus and with 30 regulation wins, they own the tiebreaker over pretty much everyone. It’s no guarantee that they make it, they have tough games ahead, but with how they are playing, how they rise to the occasion each night, how their best players are coming through and how banged up both Columbus and Carolina are, the opportunity is there for them.
- Through the first two periods the Rangers had nothing going offensively and it seemed like a night where the Rangers magic might have stopped for a night, but no. Phil Di Giuseppe gets them on the board, Zibanejad and Panarin combine again to tie and then Adam Fox, their best defenseman, puts in the winner. That trio, along with so many others, are going to lead the Rangers not only the rest of the way but for years to come.
- As much as I want to see Henrik Lundqvist in net and for him to get on a run, Alex Georgiev has stepped in for Igor Shesterkin and the Rangers haven’t really missed a beat. I thought for sure that Lundqvist would start tomorrow, and maybe he would have if the Rangers lost, but I think David Quinn has to go back to Georgiev tomorrow, even on a back to back.
- These next two against the Flyers are now the next biggest games of the season. Alain Vigneault’s Flyers are on a winning streak of their own as they look to solidify their playoff position. It’s another good test for the Rangers and one, based upon how they’ve been playing, you have to think they will get up for.