- Anthony Bitetto (1) Assists: Kaapo Kakko (1), Artemi Panarin (1)
- Kaapo Kakko (1) Assists: Zac Jones (1), Artemi Panarin (2)
- Jack Studnicka (1) Assists: Fabian Lysell (1), Mike Reilly (1)
- Urho Vaakanainen (1) Assists: Jack Studnicka (1)
- Artemi Panarin (1) Assists: K’Andre Miller (1)
- 3: Jack Studnicka
- 2: Kaapo Kakko
- 1: Artemi Panarin
- It’s just different when Artemi Panarin plays. It’s preseason and Boston had their “B” or “C” team on the ice, but he just makes such a difference. Again, this isn’t breaking news, but it was a lock that he was going to score on that breakaway in the second period. As much as that was a lock was as shocking it was that he got robbed on his breakaway late in the third.
- I thought Kaapo Kakko had a strong game and this was a nice start, albeit in the preseason, for the Rangers 1A line.
- It’s going to be really hard to send Zac Jones and Braden Schneider down, but they just don’t have the spots for them now. Jones picked up from his nice play at the end of last season and Schneider looked comfortable and physical in his first game.
- Sammy Blais, with eight hits, certainly has a pretty good lock on what his role will be.
- Igor Shesterkin didn’t get a ton of work, and only let in a goal when he had a skater’s stick, but he looked fine. Same with Jacob Trouba and K’Andre Miller.
- There is no spot up front, but Lauri Pajuniemi showed off the shot that has made him a nice prospect. It’s very easy to see a Hartford PP that has Zac Jones feeding him for shot after shot.
- It will be interesting to see the rosters for the games on Friday and Saturday. I’m guessing that Friday in NJ will have more veterans and Saturday in Boston will be more prospect filled.