- Mika Zibanejad (36) Assists: Jacob Trouba (18), K’Andre Miller (27)
- Artemi Panarin (21) (Power Play) Assists: Adam Fox (52)
- Vladimir Tarasenko (15) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (38), K’Andre Miller (28)
- Chris Kreider (31) Assists: Patrick Kane (32), Vincent Trocheck (36)
- Jacob Trouba (8) Assists: Vladimir Tarasenko (27), Mika Zibanejad (39)
- Artemi Panarin (22) Assists: Patrick Kane (33), Filip Chytil (19)
- 3: Artemi Panarin
- 2: Mika Zibanejad
- 1: Igor Shesterkin
- This was the game that I’ve been waiting for the Rangers to play. They grab a lead, build on it, the PP is good and their best guys lead them throughout. There is no doubt that the Penguins helped the Rangers tonight with some very lackluster defense, but the Rangers took what was given and filled the net.
- While the score is the headline, the biggest thing for me in this game was how good Igor Shesterkin was. He was great in the first to keep the Penguins off the board and kept it up. For all the moves that the Rangers made and all the different line combinations, nothing will matter if Igor Shesterkin is letting in 1-2 extra goals per night, but right now he looks confident in net and maybe as good as he’s looked all season.
- It was a huge night for the top-six with four of them scoring and all of them picking up points. You want to see it over a period of time, and against better defense than they played tonight, but there are an encouraging signs from those two lines.
- This was a dominant win against a rival and a team that really needed the points. For as much as the Penguins gave them tonight, and it was a lot, the Rangers biggest and best players took charge. This looked a lot like how the Rangers look on paper, with superb goaltending, offense everywhere and a real confidence to their game. Can they string some more games like this together and head into the playoffs playing like this? We’ll see, but we’ve now seen how the Rangers can perform if everyone is going and they take advantage of their opportunities. And this is all without Ryan Lindgren, who I’m assuming will finally return at some point in the next week.
- It’s the Predators tomorrow night in a back-to-back, a huge home and home test against Carolina on Tuesday and Thursday and the suddenly hot Panthers next Saturday