8:59PM: David Quinn spoke before the game and said (NYR):
- Why Georgiev, “Igor played very well last night but this is a guy who hasn’t played a lot in the last three weeks so I didn’t think it was fair to him to put him in and we have a lot of faith in Hank and Georgie, they have both played a lot of good hockey for us. It’s not like we are throwing me in the net where we are going to hold our breath.”
- Who replace Chytil on that line, “Kakko, Howden, Fogarty on the right.”
- Update on Chytil, “day to day. It’s not that bad.”
- You don’t think it will be bad, “I’m no doctor but that is what they tell me.”
- On Fox and Lindgren, “Both of those guys bring different elements to the game. Foxy has that offensive flair and dynamic to his game but as we have talked about, his defensive play has been good all year. Lindgren, to me, has made as big a jump as anyone in our organization the last year. Not only has he been able to defend but I love how he gets us out of our end. His awareness on breakouts, positioning, so many good things he has done. The thing I love about them is that they are fearless, they don’t care who they are up against, they just play. Lindy has the snarl and physical edge to his game, he’s fearless in that regard whereas Foxy is fearless in the regard, he doesn’t play pond hockey, don’t misconstrue what I’m about to say, he has that mentality where he is very confident in what he can and can’t do. They are both fearless players and very good at it.”
8:45PM: Alex Georgiev will start for the Rangers tonight against Colorado. (NYR)
Steven Fogarty will come into the lineup in place of Filip Chytil, who was hurt last night.